Try SmartLeges for
I want to try it >
Subscribe to SmartLeges Premium and enjoy the following advantages:
Would you like to consult this and other laws complete?
Sign up for free to consult all the laws of SmartLeges in your mobile phone or tablet, as well as underline text, add notes...
Ministry of Law and Justice
Act nº 18 of 1891
|1. Substituted for the words "except Part BStates" by Part BStates (Laws) Act, 1951 (3 of 1951).|
2. The word "and" at the end of sub-section (2) and sub-section (3) were repealed by the Repealing and Arnending Act, 1914 (10 of 1914).
|1. Substituted for previous clause (1) by the State Associated Banks (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act. 1962 (56 of 1962) w.e.f 14.12.1962.|
2. Substituted for previous sub-clause (a) the State Associated Banks (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1962 w.e.f 14.12.1962.
3. Inserted by the Bankers' Books Evidence Act (1 of 1893)
4. Substituted by the Banking Laws (Amendment) Act (1 of 1984) w.e.f 15.02.1984.
5. Substituted by the Information Technology Act, 2000 w.e.f 17.10. 2000. Prior to substitution sub section (8) read as under:
"certified copy" means a copy of any entry in the books of a bank together with a certificate written at the foot of such copy that it is a true copy of such entry, that such entry is contained in one of the ordinary books of the bank and was made in the usual and ordinary course of business, and that such book is still in the custody of the bank and where the copy was obtained by a mechanical or other process which in itself ensured the accuracy of the copy a further certificate to that effect, but where the book from which such copy was prepared has been destroyed in the usual course of the bank's business after the date on which the copy-had been so prepared, a further certificate to that effect, each such certificate being dated and subscribed by the principal accountant or manager of the bank with his name and official title.
6. Substituted by The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment And Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2002 (55 of 2002) w.e.f. 06.02.2003. Prior to substitution it read as under :
(3) "bankers' books " include ledgers, day-books, cash-books, account-books and all other books used in the ordinary business of a bank whether kept in the written form or as printouts of data stored in a floppy, disc, tape or any other form of electro-magnetic data storage device.
7. Inserted by The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment And Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2002 (55 of 2002) w.e.f. 06.02.2003
|1. Inserted by the Information Technology Act, 2000 w.e.f. 17.10. 2000.|
|1. Inserted by the Banking Laws (Amendment) Act(1 of 1984) w.e.f 15.02.1984.|