2012 No. 2937
Prevention And Suppression Of Terrorism
The Terrorism Act 2000 (Proscribed Organisations) (Amendment) (No.2) Order 2012
22nd November 2012
Coming into force
23rd November 2012
The Secretary of State makes the following Order in exercise of the power conferred by section 3(3)(a) of the Terrorism Act 2000(1).
The Secretary of State believes that the organisation to be added to Schedule 2 to that Act by article 2 of this Order is concerned in terrorism.
In accordance with section 123(4)(a) of that Act, a draft of this Order was laid before Parliament and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament.
Citation and commencement
1. This Order may be cited as the Terrorism Act 2000 (Proscribed Organisations) (Amendment) (No.
2) Order 2012 and comes into force on the day after the day on which it is made.
2. In Schedule 2 to the Terrorism Act 2000 (proscribed organisations) (2 ) , after the entry for Indian Mujahideen insert the following entry –
“Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan (Vanguard for the protection of Muslims in Black Africa) (Ansaru) ”.
Mark HarperMinister of StateHome Office22nd November 2012
EXPLANATORY NOTE(This note is not part of the Order)
Part 2 of the Terrorism Act 2000 makes provision about proscribed organisations (including setting out offences in relation to such organisations in sections 11 to 13). An organisation is proscribed if it is listed in Schedule 2 to that Act or, in most cases, if it operates under the same name as an organisation so listed (section 3(1) ). Article 2 of this Order adds “Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis Sudan (Vanguard for the protection of Muslims in Black Africa) (Ansaru) ” to the list in that Schedule.
A full impact assessment has not been produced for this instrument as no impact on the private or voluntary sectors is foreseen.
(1) 2000 c.11 ; relevant amendments to section 3 were made by sections 21 and 22 of the Terrorism Act 2006 (c.11) .
(2) Schedule 2 has been amended by S.I. 2001/1261 , S.I. 2002/2724 , S.I. 2005/2892 , S.I. 2006/2016 , S.I. 2007/2184 , S.I. 2008/1645 , S.I. 2008/1931 , S.I. 2010/611 , S.I. 2011/108 and S.I. 2012/1771 .