THE UNION DUTIES OF EXCISE (ELECTRICIT) DISTRIBUTION ACT, 1980
[Act, No. 14 of 1980]
[25th March, 1980]
An Act to provide for the payment out of the Consolidated Fund of India of sums equivalent to the net proceeds of Union duties of excise on electricity to the States to which the law imposing the duty extends and for the distribution of those sums among those States in accordance with the recommendations of the Finance Commission in its [ interim report dated the 14th day of November, 1983.] Subs.by Act No.28 of 1984, S.2 [ w.e.f.1.4.1984].
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Thirty-fifth Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
Section 1. Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Union Duties of Excise (Electricity) Distribution Act, 1980.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of April, 1979.
Section 2. Definition
In this Act, the expression "distributable Union duties of excise on electricity" means the net proceeds of Union duties of excise on electricity levied and collected, other than in Union territories, under the Central Excises and Salt Act, 1944( 1 of 1944 ) and any other law for the levy and collection of such duty, unless the law earmarks the proceeds of the duty for any special purposes.
Explanation.- The expression "net proceeds" has the same meaning as in clause ( 1 ) of article 279 of the Constitution.
Section 3. Payment to States of sums equivalent to the net proceeds of Union duties excise on electricity and provisional distribution of the sums among them
1 3. Payment to States of sums equivalent to the net proceeds of Union duties excise on electricity and provisional distribution of the sums among them
During the financial year commencing on the 1st day of April, 1984, there shall be paid, out of the Consolidated Fund of India to the States sums equivalent to the distributable Union duties of excise on electricity levied and collected in that year and those sums shall be distributed provisionally to each of the States specified in column (1) of the Table below in each percentage as is set out against it in column (2).
Jammu and Kashmir
|1. Substituted by the Union Duties of Excise (Electricity) Distribution (Amendment) Act, 1984 w.e.f. 01-04-1984.|
Section 4. Payment to be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India
The expenditure on the payments in pursuance of sections 3 shall be charged on the Consolidated Fund of India.
Section 5. Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules providing for the time at which and the manner in which, any payments under this Act are to be made, for the making of adjustments between one financial year and another and for any other incidental or ancillary matters.
(2) Every rules made under this Section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Union Duties of Excise (Electricity) Distribution Repeal Act, 2006
THE UNION DUTIES OF EXCISE (ELECTRICITY) DISTRIBUTION REPEAL ACT, 2006
[Act, No. 30 of 2006]
[13th July, 2006]
AN ACT to repeal the Union Duties of Excise (Electricity) Distribution Act, 1980.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-seventh Year of the Republic of India as follows:--
1. Short title
This Act may be called the Union Duties of Excise (Electricity) Distribution Repeal Act, 2006.
2. Repeal of Act 14 of 1980
The Union Duties of Excise (Electricity) Distribution Act, 1980 is hereby repealed.
(1) The repeal by this Act of the repealed enactment shall not affect any other enactment in which the repealed enactment has been applied, incorporated or referred to;
and this Act shall not affect the validity, invalidity, effect or consequences of anything already done or suffered, or any right, title, obligation or liability already acquired, accrued or incurred, or any remedy or proceedings in respect thereof, or any release or discharge of or from any debt, penalty, obligation, liability, claim or demand, or any indemnity already granted, or the proof of any past act or thing;
nor shall this Act affect any principle or rule of law, or established jurisdiction, form or course of pleading, practice or procedure, or existing usage, custom, privilege, restriction, exemption, office or appointment, notwithstanding that the same respectively may have been in any mariner affirmed or recognized or derived by, in or from the enactment hereby repealed;
nor shall the repeal by this Act of the enactment revive or restore any jurisdiction, office, custom, liability, right, title, privilege, restriction, exemption, usage, practice, procedure or other matter or thing not now existing or in force.
(2) Sub-section (1) shall not be held to prejudice or affect the general application of section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897) with regard to the effect of repeal of this Act.