European Union (Finance) Act 2015
2015 CHAPTER 32
An Act to approve for the purposes of section 7(1) of the European Union Act 2011 the decision of the Council of 26 May 2014 on the system of own resources of the European Union; and to amend the definition of “the Treaties” and “the EU
Treaties” in section 1(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 so as to include that decision.
21st July 2015]
Be it enacted
by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1 EU finance decision: approval, and addition to list of Treaties
(1) The Council decision of 26 May 2014 on the system of own resources of the EU (2014/335/EU, Euratom) , adopted under the third paragraph of Article 311 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, is approved for the purposes of subsection (1) of section 7 of the European Union Act 2011 (decisions requiring approval by Act).
(2) In section 1(2) of the European Communities Act 1972, in the definition of “the Treaties” and “the EU Treaties”, for paragraph (e) (Council decisions on EU's system of own resources) substitute—
“(e) the decisions of the Council of 7 May 1985, 24 June 1988, 31 October 1994, 29 September 2000 and 7 June 2007 on the Communities' system of own resources, and the decision of the Council of 26 May 2014 on the EU's system of own resources;”.
2 Repeal, extent, commencement and short title
(1) The European Communities (Finance) Act 2008 (which is superseded by this Act) is repealed.
(2) This Act extends to the whole of the United Kingdom.
(3) This Act comes into force at the end of the period of 2 months beginning with the day on which it is passed.
(4) This Act may be cited as the European Union (Finance) Act 2015.